From: John Metta (penningj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-20 12:18:50

Does Boost have any magic to help with a class method cascade? Consider:

struct INFO
{
    float mass;
    float volume;
    virtual void Reset()
    {
       mass = 0.0f;
       volume = 0.0f;
    };
}
struct WATER_INFO : virtual INFO
{
    float rateInfow;
    float rateOutflow;
    virtual void Reset()
    {
        rateInflow = 0.0f;
        rateOutflow = 0.0f;
        super.Reset(); // Wish to cascade a reset function down.
    };
};
struct SURFACE_WATER_INFO : virtual INFO
{ ... } // cascading to reset the variables at any level.

Disclaimer: I recognize that this is a ... let's say "less than elegant"
solution. Unfortunately, I've been given a 20,000 line monolithic
implementation (there should be no fewer than 10 in here) of a jungle
and am trying to put a bit of duct tape on some things in order to make
it run to finish my thesis. Given time, I would re-write the entire
thing correctly, but I don't have that luxury currently.

Cheers,
-j

--
John Metta