From: Scott (cheesy4poofs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-20 14:17:09

I need to design a multiple reader, one writer type thread locking on a STL
container. I've been using boost::threads for all my threading and locking
so far, but I haven't found a way to do what I want.

Then I saw this in the release notes:

***************
Read/write mutex functionality added

New classes, boost::read_write_mutex, boost::try_read_write_mutex, and
boost::timed_read_write_mutex were added.

Note
Since the read/write mutex and related classes are new, both interface and
implementation are liable to change in future releases of Boost.Threads. The
lock concepts and lock promotion in particular are still under discussion
and very likely to change.

But I can't find any documentation on it. Can someone help me out here?

Thanks,
Scott