From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-21 19:39:17

Andreas Sæbjørnsen wrote:

> Using the wave driver reference implementation on the code found at:
> http://folk.uio.no/andsebjo/bugInducingCode.C
> I get the following error:
> bugInducingCode.C(10157): error: generic lexing error:
> '\000' in input stream This code compiles with g++ and if any
> line is cut within the file it does not fail with Wave.
> The code contains only C++ syntax so it is basically a test
> of the cpplexer.
> Is this a know problem?
>
> This problem occurs in both my two months old CVS version of
> boost and the 1.3.1 build.

Hmmm. Sorry I'm not able to reproduce this problem here. But the error you
get says your input stream contains a binary 0 (zero) byte. And yes it's a
lexer diagnostic.

The standard says (2.2.2 [lex.charset]):

<quote>
If the hexadecimal value for a universal character name is less than 0x20 or
in the range 0x7F0x9F (inclusive), or if the universal character name
designates a character in the basic source character set, then the program
is illformed.
</quote>

So I'm pretty sure Wave is right to diagnose this.

Could you send me the file as an attachment, please, just to make sure I
really get it as you have it on your disk.

Regards Hartmut