From: Christian Askeland (christian.askeland_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-22 10:50:34

On 4/21/06, John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > I am running boost 1.33.1 with BDS 4.0, the Borland compiler. I
> > upgraded to BDS Update pack 2 (released 2006/04/17) yesterday, and
> > the two following lines/files failed to compile:
> >
> > #include <boost/iterator_adaptors.hpp>
> > #include <boost/function.hpp>
> >
> > The code compiled without problems with Update 1.
> > Have anyone else seen this?
> > I'm no expert on compiler quirks, but I know that there are a few
> > workarounds for the BCC compiler in boost. Maybe something has been
> > changed.
>
> Just a long shot, but has the compiler version number changed? It may be
> that some workarounds need to be re-enabled.
>
> BTW it would help if you could post error messages.
>
> John.

Thanks for the tip, John.

Yes, the compiler version has changed from 5.8.1 to 5.8.2, as far as I can see.
A search for "581" in the boost source gave a few hits of the type

#if (__BORLANDC__ <= 0x581)
BOOST_WORKAROUND(__BORLANDC__, <= 0x581)

I changed them to

#if (__BORLANDC__ <= 0x582)
BOOST_WORKAROUND(__BORLANDC__, <= 0x582)

and my entire project compiled!

I didnt get my project to run, though. I will fix this on monday, but
I dont think it has anything to do with boost.

What do I do in order to get this fix into the next boost revision?

-Christian