From: Leif Gruenwoldt (leifer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-11 12:17:01

I have implemented a class ( lets call it LC2DateTime ) that uses
boost date time in it's implementation. I also have a small test for
this class and it builds nicely and runs properly. However when I
include LC2DateTime.h in my larger project I get this odd build error
that points me to
/usr/include/boost/algorithm/string/detail/finder.hpp as the source of
the error.

------------------

/usr/include/boost/algorithm/string/detail/finder.hpp: In member
function 'boost::iterator_range<Iterator>
boost::algorithm::detail::last_finderF<SearchIteratorT,
PredicateT>::findit(ForwardIteratorT, ForwardIteratorT,
std::forward_iterator_tag) const':
/usr/include/boost/algorithm/string/detail/finder.hpp:150: error:
expected unqualified-id before numeric constant
/usr/include/boost/algorithm/string/detail/util.hpp: At global scope:
/usr/include/boost/algorithm/string/detail/util.hpp:71: error:
expected ',' or '...' before numeric constant
/usr/include/boost/algorithm/string/detail/util.hpp: In function
'OutputIteratorT
boost::algorithm::detail::bounded_copy(InputIteratorT,
InputIteratorT)':
/usr/include/boost/algorithm/string/detail/util.hpp:76: error:
'DestFirst' was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/boost/algorithm/string/detail/util.hpp:77: error:
'DestLast' was not declared in this scope

This bug has been bothering me for a while and I actually got my
project to build again juggling the placement of of the '#include
"LC2DateTime.h" above the other includes in my project. However this
problem has reared it's head again and this time no amount of juggling
of includes is getting me out of this.

Any thoughts? Is this a problem with the boost libraries or my code?

--
Leif Gruenwoldt
Simulation Software Developer