From: David Yon (yon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-23 08:52:26

John Maddock wrote:

>The .so will get unloaded after the executable, so the static regex
>instances might be the cause of the problem I suppose, but they really
>shouldn't be. If this does turn out to be the cause and you can put
>together a test case I'll look into it.

One more thought... where would be good places to put some good
old-fashioned printfs in the regex code to detect when static
initializer/destructors are being called? Would be interesting to see
if I can catch the compiler in the act of destroying my static regexes
*after* it has shut down the regex library code.

Thanks for the quick attention, BTW.