From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-31 13:24:54

On May 31, 2006, at 6:39 AM, John Reid wrote:
> Can anyone point me in the direction of some documentation of the
> python
> bindings for the BGL? I know this is no longer part of boost. Should I
> be asking some other list?

This is the right place.

> The documentation at
>
> http://www.osl.iu.edu/~dgregor/bgl-python/#example
> and
> http://www.osl.iu.edu/~dgregor/bgl-python/reference/boost.graph.html
>
> is helpful but far from complete. What happened to the more user
> friendly documentation that came with boost_1_33_1?

It has yet to be updated.

> How stable is the interface?

I think it's reasonably stable now. There are some things we still
want to
add, but for the most part we haven't run into any big problems that we
need to fix.

> Is the library actively maintained?

Yes, although we haven't been doing much new development recently.

> After all that I'd like to say I have found the bindings very useful
> just a little hard to work with at first.

Sounds like we have a bit of a usability problem to address, then. I
expect some good introductory documentation and a tutorial would help
greatly.

        Doug