From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-22 23:19:54

Your idea of what an XML archive should look like is quite different than
the one I implemented. So I don't think you would want to derive from
xml_[i/o]archive. Take basic_xml_oarchive<Archive> as a starting point and
make your own version.

Note that my version was very much focused on permitting xml archives of
arbitrary size without having to load the whole xml tree. I would hope that
its possible to implement your own with the facilities that the library
includes for creating archives. Of course no one can know until you try.

Robert Ramey

Jabe wrote:

> maybe a first question: why don't i get a classname for each
> serialized object in
> common_oarchive::save_override(const class_name_type & t, int)?
> sometimes i get a class_id, sometimes a class_reference_id and so on.
> classnames
> are offered rarely.

In general, archives include only that which is necessary for
de-serialization.

There is a type "class_name_optional" which is serialized with the class
name for every type. The default implementation is to ignore it - and none
of the included archives override the
default.

class_id etc are only applicable to classes - not primitives. They might
not be available for all types - depending on the implementation level - I
would have to investigate that.

Robert Ramey