From: Russell Hind (rh_gmane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-02 06:24:19

Federico Feller wrote:
> Well, deadlines forced me to find other solution. So,
> waiting for new releases is not really a posibility
> for me. Anyway, the right solution for me seems to be
> stop using BCB at all...this compiler has show too
> many weaknesses (specially compile times)
> Thanks a lot for your answers

We've taken the same approach. For us, moving to BDS2006 looks like
quite a large task, and possibly no real benefit.

So we've been given some time to investigate porting the back-end code
to VC8 managed dlls and building managed C++ interfaces on to the main
objects and we can do a C# interface for it. Most of our back-end code
compiles pretty much straight away in VC80 so that part isn't too hard,
the C# UI will take longer, but we are planning a UI redesign and
re-write soon anyway so it seems like the perfect opportunity. A shame
for Borland, but so far am impressed with VC80 and how easy it is to
interface from C# in to standard C++ code compiled as a manged DLL.

Cheers

Russell