From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-09 18:02:17

without seeing the code I'm not sure what to day.

Double check that namespace in which save_construct_data is
declared/defined.

Robert Ramey
"Hugh Hoover" <hugh_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
I have a structure I'm trying to serialize that contains an STL vector of
pointers to an abstract base type. When I serialize it, the
save_construct_data free function is NOT called - the inline default version
is always used. On de-serializing, the load_construct_data IS called! but,
of course, fails because the data for it isn't there (although it throws
archive_exception(archive_exception::unregistered_class) when it fails).

I'm using declarations only for all serialization code, with all definitions
in .s.cpp files along with explicit instantiations. Not sure if that
affects the problem here.

Just in case, I've tried all combinations of save_construct_data with
(const)? (Base|Derived) (*|&), and none of them are called.
I've also tried putting my declarations before and after the
serialization.hpp header with the default declaration/definition.

I'm using gcc4 currently.

Any notion what might be wrong here?