From: Daniel Krügler (dsp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-17 05:23:14

Peter Dimov wrote:
> Daniel Krügler wrote:
>
>> No ideas, proposals, comments so far?
>

> Please take a look at the attached replacement. Does it work for you? //

Thanks Peter, for your attachment. A first quick test seems to
show that the leak detector is quiet now. Interestingly the provided
code is much simpler than the older one, but does not call
::TlsFree anymore (I think it cannot call that function to prevent
the same problem, which the current mutext attempts to solve).
I have not found yet any hints in the documentation
of the TLS functions, whether there have to be a matching ::TlsFree
for any ::TlsAlloc. Anyone else? Most probably the loss of available TLS
indices would be worse than a missing clean-up of a mutex, isn't it?

We will test the new code under more realistic conditions to check
it, but that need some more time. Any results will be posted here,
of course. I would appreciate results of others, too.

Thank you very much,

Daniel