From: Matthias Hofmann (hofmann_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-20 10:39:55

Hello everybody,

I just learned that boost offers a function to determine the greatest common
divisor of two integers, as described here:

http://www.boost.org/regression-logs/cs-win32_metacomm/doc/html/boost_math/g
reatest_common_divisor_and_least_common_multiple.html

However, this documentation is not very clear about which arguments are
valid for boost::math::gcd(). In particular, it does not specify that the
first argument has to be greater than the second one, although this seems to
be a requirement with the current implementation.

Also, I would like to know how the greatest common divisor is defined when
one or both of the arguments are zero. In that case, boost::math::gcd()
seems to return the nonzero argument, if there is any - but is this
mathematically correct?

--
Matthias Hofmann
Anvil-Soft, CEO