From: Thierry Dumont (tdumont_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-01 05:19:46

My code (a very small piece of code) uses boost:threads;
It performs perfectly with the Debian Sarge version of boost,but
segfaults with the version I installed myself (using bjam
"-sTOOLS=gcc"). The Boost version I installed is: 1_33_1; Debian Sarge
version is 1_32_06.

I tried to runs the tests from inside the compiled 1_33_1 version: it
works perfectly; but when I copy, say tennis.cpp, in an other directory,
and compile and link it with version 1_33_1 (the one I compiled), it
segfaults.

I think it's only a question of compiler options.

->My options (which makes the program crash): -DBOOST_HAS_THREADS
-DBOOST_HAS_PTHREADS -D_REENTRANT
What is false? This works with Debian installed version.

->what are the options used by bjam when compiling the tests?

I need a personnal version of boost (not the debian one) because I want
to use the property tree library...

yours
t.d.

--
Thierry Dumont. Institut Camille Jordan -- Mathematiques--
Univ. Lyon I,43 Bd du 11 Novembre 1918, 69622