From: gast128 (gast128_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-09 13:07:06

John Maddock <john <at> johnmaddock.co.uk> writes:
> It works on iterators, and on comparisons between characters.
>
> You could define your own traits class so that say: a character 'a' in your
> regex would always match any of [abc] in the string.

I can try this, but a first shot didn't compile. So I was wondered if this all
together was possbile, but probably I should give it another try. In the end I
could always write a simple regex myself(a la CUJ 'A Different Interpretation
of the Interpreter Design Pattern'), but that's what I want to avoid.

> But you can't match a
> regex against a regex which seems to be what you're asking for. As has been
> said already that's a much harder problem.
Well that would be even more general :)

Wkr,
me