From: Pfligersdorffer, Christian (Christian.Pfligersdorffer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-09 09:51:10

Dear boost-community,

has anyone experience in cross-compiling boost? I tried to build the whole thing using eldk ppc_6xx-gcc for linux @ power pc, doing the build process on linux @ x86. It generated object code for x86 whatever I did. Thought about writing a toolset but I don't understand a single bit of what happens in gcc-tools.jam :-(

In effect I'd need the possibility to add a prefix for the gcc-tools, because all the gcc, g++, ld etc. are named ppc_6xx-gcc, ppc_6xx-g++, ppc_6xx-ld instead. And I'd want to specify PPC as the target platform while building on a different (x86) platform.

Hoping that someone has an idea.
Yours, Christian Pfligersdorffer