From: chun ping wang (cablepuff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-22 22:36:13

Hi, sorry for another problem... i have a simple question to ask...

lets say say i have base class

struct GeomObject
{
  // draws an wire shape
   virtual void drawAbstract(const GLfloat& x, const GLfloat& y, const
GLfloat& z) = 0;
   // draws a solid shape.
   virtual void drawSolid(const GLfloat& x, const GLfloat& y, const GLfloat&
z) = 0;
}

Now i have bunch of stuff that inherits it..

Like class Circle, class Sphere, class Cylinder, class Cone and all of them
implement drawSolid and drawAbstract (radius base assumed).

I have a function call drawCircle(const std::string& r,
(someBoostFunctionParam))
{
    Circle cir(4.0, r); // construct a circle with radius 4.0 and name r
    cir.someBoostFunctionParam(x, y, z);
}

thus if i say drawCircle("solid", &Circle::drawSolid);
drawCircle("abstract", &Circle::drawAbstract);

How do you do that? Or whats the best way to do it.