From: smith smithson (smith4894_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-25 10:43:05

I figured out what the problem is; I use a buffered
version of iostream/stream_buf to buffer data from my
mmap'd file and pass it out when requested. For some
reason if the very first character in the buffer is
character 255 (an extended ascii character) in any of
the buffers, I get the stream error exception. Any
suggestions why this might happen? Is this reserved in
some way? I see the issue in both text mode and binary
mode.

I'm using boost 1.32.0.