From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-12 12:16:43

Loïc Joly wrote:
> Oliver Mutz a écrit :
>> Loïc Joly wrote:

>>> Boost::serialization requires a constructor with no arguments.
>>
>> That's not right I'm afraid. See the "Non-Default Constructors" part of the
>> serialization library documentation for details.
>
> This pertains to deserializing pointers to instances of classes with no
> default constructor. Is does not mean anything concerning
> deserialization of instances. Those need to be constructed before being
> deserialized to.

Oliver is correct -- serialization does not require default constructors for
the types. It does require a constructed object prior to reading in the data.
date_time had serialization code before it had default constructors for dates.
  To this day it doesn't depend on default constructors in the serialization code.

Jeff