From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-13 19:21:53

Drumheller, Michael wrote:
> (Thank you to Rene and David.)
> Rene,
> Are you referring to the parsing phase?

Yes.

> Such behavior would not seem
> so harmful there (to me anyway). But if I add some actions, they get
> done twice, which does seem very harmful.

Yep :-)

> I mean, it's like the
> updating phase gets done twice, not just the parsing.

It's because it will faithfully execute actions any number of times they
are defined/parsed.

Sorry about not mentioning this before, but I was kinda busy at the time
to go looking for the relevant bit of code. You can check which phase
it's parsing by checking the "gIN_LIB_INCLUDE" variable. It will be set
during the declare (first) phase.

> Does bjam's behavior still seem OK to you?

Well that a relative judgment. It not the incorrect behavior, even
though it doesn't seem OK either. BBv2 doesn't have this behavior.

> (I realize that bjam is used all the time by a zillion people

I wish ;-)

> I'm sorry to be taking everyone's time with this.)

Speaking of that... Please don't reply to digests, and especially do not
quote all the text in them
<http://boost.org/more/discussion_policy.htm#effective>.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything