From: Sohail Somani (s.somani_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-02 16:19:48

No, but its easier to make algorithms faster because of it. It ends up
almost working like multiple dispatch. I'm speaking generically about
generic programming, not specifically BGL.

Eventually you hit an "aha" moment where runtime code can be moved to
compile time through generic techniques. Atleast that's what I've found.

I'm sure a true artist can skip the "aha" moment.