From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-11 09:43:31

"Vinzenz 'evilissimo' Feenstra" <evilissimo_at_[hidden]> wrote

> I'm wondering if you could tell me which month you're expecting for
> releasing 1.34 and whether asio will be part of 1.34.

To start with the second part of your question -- no, it won't. See
www.boost-consulting.com/boost for what 1.34 is going to look like.

As for the first part of your quesion -- it's much more difficult to answer.
Any prediction I heard in the past has been missed badly. Just consider
that Boost consists of over 60 independently-maintained libraries, that are
tested against over 20 platforms that are currently considered mandatory.
The first step in each release is to eliminate all the failures (or to admit
that some of them can't be resolved, and mark them as expected). The
regression tests are run daily for most platform, so the picture changes
daily. Unfortunately for most developers waiting for the regression results
is the only way to figure out whether the particular fix worked, and whether
or not anything else has been broken by this fix. The last time I checked
it was about 50 failures. Yo can monitor it by examining the "Boost
regression notification" message, that is posted daily around 12pm ET at the
boost developers list, or here:
http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-RC_1_34_0/developer/

HTH,
Arkadiy