From: Sascha Seewald (vudu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-12 10:52:37

Roland Schwarz wrote:
> Please don't forget: the threading library supply you with the essential
> primitives. You might always need to create other convenience functions
> if needed.

I see your arguments. But I still think duration-based sleep should be
part of Boost.Thread. Most of the time I prefer relative sleep over
absolute sleep simply because it's a one-liner and sufficient for my
all-day-need.
I agree with you that absolute sleep is indispensable in certain
situations. Therefor Boost.Thread should provide *both* interfaces.

Boost.Filesystem provides some convenience functions in convenience.hpp.
Maybe something similar in Boost.Thread would be the right place for this?

Cheers
Sascha