From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-19 19:12:11

John Dunn wrote:
>> I'm out of ideas. :-) There isn't anything actively
>> CLI-hostile in the thread library as far as I know. You could
>> try stepping into the program with the debugger and see what
>> causes the error, but if it's the .NET loader not liking it
>> for some reason, this might not help. You best bet is
>> probably to report the problem to Microsoft somehow, since it
>> seems like a legitimate regression.
>
> Unfortunately the debugger doesn't help - the error isn't caught by the
> debugger as far as I can tell. I know I've seen problems with my code when
> using static objects in non-managed code. I think it might be related to the
> order in which initialization code is run.
>
> Anyone know of a good way to contact MS about compiler issues?

If you have paid for a version of Visual Studio 2005 you can call
1-800-936-5700. If you are just using the free Express edition you are
mostly out of luck as far as telephone support.

In either case, first post the bug on
http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/default.aspx, followed by a bug report
at https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/Feedback and saying it is
a blocking issue, then when the latter has been ignored long enough
trying the phone number.

Of course you can fo straight for the phone number also. If you mention
Boost they may choose to help you by phone even if you have not paid.
But normally even phone support is a long slow process where they spend
lots of time duplicating the bug before they really try to find a
solution to it if it is their bug.