From: Ovanes Markarian (om_boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-26 11:53:52

Please state somewhere in the docs, that if one disables MS language extensions (to make a program
as portable as possible) he/she will get no threading support. It takes some time to go through
the boost include files and find in visualc.hpp the following lines of code:

//
// disable Win32 API's if compiler extentions are
// turned off:
//
#ifndef _MSC_EXTENSIONS
# define BOOST_DISABLE_WIN32
#endif

Which is responsible in some other file for disabling of boost::threads.

With Kind Regards,

Ovanes