From: Javier Estrada (JEstrada_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-02 11:50:27

I'm running into a problem when compiling with VC8 regarding the library
names that are produced.

The names come out with an infix of 'vc71' (e.g.,
libboost_thread-vc71-mt-1_33_1.lib).

I gathered that this infix comes from some of the macros that are
defined, but have been unable to uncover why the name is not picked up
correctly, given that the compiler version is correct.

I'm quite sure I've followed the installation instructions correctly,
open the right command prompt and the vcvars batch file, etc.

Ultimately, the problem I'm experiencing is that when porting a VC71
project to VC8, the names of the libraries required have changed :-)

Regards,

Javier