From: Felipe Magno de Almeida (felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-02 16:29:01

On 11/2/06, Arkadiy Vertleyb <vertleyb_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote
> [snipped - discussion of TMP book]

Hi Arkadiy and David,

FWIW, I agree with Arkadiy about Andrei's book being easier as an
introduction for TMP. It shows some metaprogramming tricks which helps
building complete solutions for day-to-day problems. And that really
impresses and makes people want to learn a lot more about the subject.
Like him I read Andrei's book before C++ Template Programming, without
reading the first I would probably only read the second because of
boost and the for knowing the authors.
The C++ Template Metaprogramming uses a very different approach, which
doesnt seem to focus on the motivational part of metaprogramming.
Although the examples of a library about physics dimensions with
compile-time checking really motivated me in the beggining, the DSL
chapter was also very motivating.

Best regards,

--
Felipe Magno de Almeida