From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-02 20:29:58

On 10/18/06, chris botos <chris.botos_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'm new to this list and to Boost. I'm interested in using Boost to wrap
> C++ objects in Python. The environment is Solaris 10, x86. I did the
> following:

> '->' cannot appear in a constant-expression
> '&' cannot appear in a constant-expression
> template argument 1 is invalid
> value is not a member of '<declaration errors>'
> ...failed gcc-C++-action ... is also associated with the above

What version of Solaris and gcc are you using? Can you include
*actual* error messages with actual filenames and line numbers to help
diagnose the problem?

I'm currently running the RC-1_34_0 and CVS-HEAD regression tests on a
Solaris/x86 system with gcc 4.1.1. I am pretty sure gcc 3.4.x will
work fine as well, but 3.3.x has issues with wide strings and I/O
streams unless you are on Solaris 10 IIRC.

Here's my current config:

http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-RC_1_34_0/developer/summary.html

The links Dave gives for Boost 1.33.0 are from a Solaris/SPARC machine
to which I no longer have access.

--
Caleb Epstein