From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-03 04:17:51

Sohail Somani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build bjam using the Intel compiler, version 9. I use
> the v1 command line of:
>
> bjam "-sTOOLS=intel-win32" "-sBUILD=release <runtime-link>dynamic
> <threading>multi"
>
> ... to build the thread library (although the <threading>multi is
> probably redundant!). I get the following output:
>
> Unknown compiler version - please run the configure tests and report
> the results
>
> Which configure tests should I run?

Actually you can ignore that message as it happens: it's a compiler message
and the lib's should still build OK. It was inserted in because we hadn't
tested the last release with Intel 9 (it didn't exist then), however there
are no configuration changes required compared to previous Intel versions,
so you can just ignor the message if you want. If it's annoying, then
comment out the line in boost/config/compiler/intel.hpp that generates it.

HTH,

John.