From: Markus Werle (numerical.simulation_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-24 04:03:16

Joaquín M López Munoz <joaquin <at> tid.es> writes:

> My hunch is that this is indeed just a compiler quirk, specially
> since you've reported that the problem is not reproducible
> in GCC. You can try the following:
>
> 1. What Boost version are you using?

1.33.1

> Line 445 of ordered_index.hpp
> in Boost 1.33.1 does not even contain a '.' character.

Yes I know ... - wait - BINGO!

If someone else states what I already know it always helps.
This was the hint I needed.
Someone had defined MACRO "upper" and "lower" in a header I included
before multiindex stuff (only with VC8, which explains why the error
did not crop up with gcc).
What a pity.

So it is not the compiler to blame this time, though emitting
the _preprocessed_ offending line would have helped a lot in
this situation.

Thanks a lot!

Markus