From: Ovanes Markarian (om_boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-12 18:11:25

To be honest, I tested the max_element with files (algorithms) from 1.34 and
it did not work (map files did not update for 2 years). May be I forgot
smth. The transformation of vector to map via fold worked. I can try to
reverse the process and see if it works for map to vector. But I do not see
any reason, to transform to vector first and afterwords iterate through
vector again for finding the max element. As you can imagine, this will have
impact on compilation speed. On the other hand, I can write my own traversal
algorithm for maps. But it would be better to use some standard algorithms.

Some probably weird question: If mpl::map fulfills the requirement of
ForwardSequence, why wasn't it tested with for_each or max_element or may be
some other useful algorithms?

Thanks,
Ovanes