From: Yutaka Leon Suematsu (yutaka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-25 22:06:45

Hello Dear Boosters!

Merry X'MAS and Happy New Year!

I have some problems when installing the current version from cvs.
I tried in Windows XP with VC++ 2003 and Python 2.5.

* Command 1

C:\Source\boost>bjam -sTOOLS=vc-7_1 --with-python-version=2.5 --with-
python-root=C:\Python25 --prefix="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio .NET 2003\Vc7" install

* Result

error: wrong library name 'python-version=2.5' in the --with-
<library> option.

-------
*Command 2

C:\Source\boost>bjam -sTOOLS=vc-7_1 --with-python-root=C:\Python25 --
with-python-version=2.5 --prefix="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio .NET 2003\Vc7" install

*Result

error: wrong library name 'python-root=C:\Python25' in the --with-
<library> option.

--------
* Command 3 ( Defining PYTHON_ROOT and PYTHON_VERSION)

C:\Source\boost>bjam -sTOOLS=vc-7_1 --prefix="C:\Program Files
\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7" install

* Result

The mpi module has not been initialized; MPI libraries will not be
built.
hint: add "using mpi ;" to user-config.jam to enable MPI support.
warning: Python location is not configured
warning: the Boost.Python library won't be built
Building Boost.Regex with the optional Unicode/ICU support disabled.
Please refer to the Boost.Regex documentation for more information
(and if you don't know what ICU is then you probably don't need it).
warning: No toolsets are configured.
warning: Configuring default toolset "msvc".
warning: If the default is wrong, you may not be able to build C++
programs.
warning: Use the "--toolset=xxxxx" option to override our guess.
warning: For more configuration options, please consult ECHO warning:
http://boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/bbv2/advanced/configuration.html

--------

*** From this message, it can also be observed that even though
"vc-7_1" was defined as toolset, bjam is using "msvc"

I tried to install the same version in a Mac and problem is the same.

Any ideas or fixes to this problem? I should notice that I am using
the bjam (from source) obtained from the cvs version of boost

Thank you in advance.

Yutaka Leon Suematsu.