Boost logo

Boost Users :

From: pete_at_[hidden]
Date: 2007-01-01 23:42:00

On Mon, Jan 01, 2007 at 10:32:35PM -0600, Rene Rivera wrote:
> > What do I need to do so that I do not have to include all the boost
> > libraries in the compile line?

Actually, autoconf/automake can do much of that for you in many cases.

This is a good place to get a handle on the tools.

Then you can check out the boost macros.

Set them up in your, and do something in your
like this(in this case I needed boost_program_options and

You'll then use configure to generate much of what you're looking for on
most modern systems.

There's a bit of a learning curve to it, but using autoconf has saved me
a LOT of time over the past few years.

Boost-users list run by williamkempf at, kalb at, bjorn.karlsson at, gregod at, wekempf at