From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-07 00:08:36

A couple of observations:

a) you might try using xml_?archives for debugging. The consume more space
are
are easier to interpret.

b) Could it be that you are doing something like:

ar << lm ; // pointer to LogMessage
ar >> m; // pointer to Message

If so - this would be a problem. If you want to load(de-serialize) through
a base class pointer, you have to save(serialize) also through a base class
pointer.

If this doesn't help, make a small test which just serializes and
de-serializes
and we can take a look at it.

Robert Ramey