From: Marc Wäckerlin (marc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-25 10:26:46

I attached the latest, standalone-compilable example. Compiles with:
  g++ serializer.cxx -lboost_serialization

Robert Ramey wrote:
> Marc Wäckerlin wrote:
>> The following is missing in the example:
>> 1. #include <boost/archive/detail/iserializer.hpp>
> I'm really interested in knowing what part of this "#include" is
> making things easier with your compiler. I'm attaching
> updated versions of files I would like to seen tested with your compiler.

Then I'm not very lucky:

In file included from serializer.cxx:4:
/usr/include/boost/archive/detail/common_iarchive.hpp:22:53: error:
boost/archive/detail/register_archive.hpp: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht
gefunden

I'm using boost-1.33.1-42 from an RPM-SuSE archive, and I am not very keen
on compiling it myself (because I want it in my RPM database, but also
because of boost's build system - I refuse to use "jam").

>> 2. Overwriting "template<class T> void save_override(const T& t, int)"
>> is mandatory, not optional!
>
> Mandatory to make it compile or make it work for your application?

Mandatory to compile.

Then, as you see in my example (last Mail), I overwrite all that produces
additional information in order to filter it out. That's then for my
application.

Regards
Marc