From: Marc Wäckerlin (marc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-30 03:18:01

Robert Ramey wrote:
> BOOST_EXPORT must
> a) be invoked outside of any namespace
> b) not have characters like < >, :: etc in it
> c) refer to a complete type

That's not even the problem. I extended my example from the last thread by a
simple class A - no template, no namespace - and it reproduces the problem.

Please have a look at the attachment.

Other question: My main problem is, that derived classes are not stored
through (smart-) pointer to base. Will this problem be resolved when I'll
be able to export, or what's the problem there and
what's "BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT" for? Is it only for assigning a name? Then, do
I really need it (because my serialiser does neither care about, nor stores
meta information)?

Thank you
Regards
Marc