From: Andrew Schweitzer (a.schweitzer.grps_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-18 17:56:01

Rene Rivera wrote:
> Andrew Schweitzer wrote:
>> Hi there. When I run bjam 3.1.12 or 3.1.13, bjam crashes. Any ideas,
>> suggestions? I wouldn't be surprised if I'm doing something obvious wrong.
>>
>> I'm trying to build on XP Pro, VC7, VC8.
>> 1.33.1 Bjam 3.1.10 vc7 or vc8 Works!
>> 1.33.1 Bjam 3.1.12 vc7 or vc8 kaboom
>> 1.33.1 Bjam 3.1.13 vc7 or vc8 kaboom
>> cvs Bjam 3.1.10 vc7 or vc8 says bjam >= v12 needed.
>> cvs Bjam 3.1.12 vc7 or vc8 kaboom
>> cvs Bjam 3.1.13 vc7 or vc8 kaboom
>
> What kind of "crash"?

When I download the source for bjam, and build bjam myself, the problem
seems to go away.

I suppose "Kaboom" isn't really specific enough. :) But it's all I got.
I got a window asking if I want to tell Microsoft. That had stack info,
but you can't copy + paste, as far as I can tell. I got no user.dmp file
from DrWatson. Presumably I don't have DrWatson set up correctly.

So far, after building locally, these have worked:
1.33.1 Bjam 3.1.13.built vc7 Works!
cvs Bjam 3.1.13.built vc8 Works!