From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-26 16:18:14

Hello Javier,

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Javier Gonzalez <javierggt_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Lunes, Febrero 26, 2007 9:49 pm
Asunto: [Boost-users] multi_index uses serialization?
Para: boost-users_at_[hidden]

> Hi,
>
> I have a simple question. Isn't there a way to create
> multi_indices without using the serialization library?
> I don't intend to stream them!

If you don't use the serialization capabilities of
multi_index_containers you won't need to link any
Boost.Serialization module. So in your case you
probably can use Boost.MultiIndex without having to
consider Boost.Serialization at all.

Furthermore, if for whatever reason you don't even
want for Boost.MultiIndex to include any
Boost.Serialization-related header (for instance,
if you're using a partial copy of the Boost distro
without the serialization stuff), this can be done
by defining the macro

  BOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION

either globally (in your project settings or compiler
commandline) or in each relevant .cpp prior to the
inclusion of Boost.MultiIndex headers.

Is this what you were after?

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo