From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-05 14:56:48

Wolfgang Hottgenroth wrote:
> Hi,
>

> is it true, that boost::interprocess will only built on i386 and
> especially not on Solaris? We got this, when building
> boost::interprocess on Solaris
>
> #error No atomic operations implemented for this platform, sorry!

If the system does not offer process-shared POSIX mutexes and condition
variables (detected using _POSIX_THREAD_PROCESS_SHARED macro) a rough
atomic library is used to emulate process-shared synchronization objects
using spinlocks. The supported platforms are i386 and powerpc with gcc.

Do you know if your Solaris system supports process-shared mutexes?
Maybe I'm not detecting it properly. If this is not true, I would be
glad if anyone could write the SPARC version of the atomic functions.

Regards,

Ion