From: Garrett McGrath (gmcgrath815_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-29 16:14:35

Ok so I've used boost before in passing on a Linux system but I've never set
it up before on a windows system. Currently I'm looking at it for learning
some advanced programming techniques with shared pointers and just to get a
general handle of the rest of the libraries. However I can't seem to get
boost.jam to install on my Windows Machine and the error is a fairly cryptic
one that I'm not sure of the relevance of. Specifically:
\Utilities\Bin\x86 was unexpected at this time. I have found a directory
area with that structure on my system, specifically in the directx SDK area.
The error kills the build script the same way regardless of the compiler
it's pointed to so I'm leaning towards it being some sort of environment
issue but I'm not sure. Important notes are I'm running the Vista
Enterprise edition with VS2k5 and the SP1 patch for vista so this could be
lending to the problem. Has anyone had a similar issue? (I'm attempting to
dig thru the archives but they sadly lack a search feature.)

-Garrett McGrath

Software Engineer

CSBMB Princeton University

Green Hall