From: Farraday (farraday_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-11 04:10:24

Hello.

I'm trying to use the Boost regular expressions functions but it fails.

I'm forced to write some programs in C++ at work - I usually work in
java/python and I'm not up to date with C/C++ - and it was recommended I use
the Boost libraries for various utilities.

However, on linux, the regex functions don't work don't work for some
reason. I reinstalled the latest version of the Boost libraries and
everything seems fine (ie, I tried the graph container and it works great).
I tried both on SuSe linux 10.2 and Ubuntu with gcc 4.1.2 and the latest
Boost libs 1.33.1 but it fails at compile time. At first I thought I was
doing something wrong, but then I tried both the examples provided in the
Boost documentation and other examples/tutorials on Boost::regex on the net
(ie ,the ones on OnLAMP of O'Reilly and others) and they fail too with the
same error(s):

"boost_regexp.o: In function `boost::basic_regex<char,
boost::regex_traits<char, boost::cpp_regex_traits<char> > >::assign(char
const*, char const*, unsigned int)':
/usr/include/boost/regex/v4/basic_regex.hpp:254: undefined reference to
`boost::basic_regex<char, boost::regex_traits<char,
boost::cpp_regex_traits<char> > >::do_assign(char const*, char const*,
unsigned int)'"

the problem is when the assign method is called (either if i call the
constructor with arguments or when I call the assign method of an
boost::regex object).

the problem is in the boost::regex code, more exactly in
(***)/boost/regex/v4/basic_regex.hpp

the code that produces this result is the same as shown in the Boost:regex
documentation (http://www.boost.org/libs/regex/doc/partial_matches.html)

Thanx.