From: Oleg V. Zhylin (ovz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-12 09:08:30

At least for VC7.1 compiler

  int a, b;

  cout<<typeid(sizeof(a)/(a - b)).name()<<endl;

 prints "unsingned int" and issues no warnings about int -> size_t
conversion. Thus I still wonder if usage of int type in

> > int count = sizeof(t) / (
> > static_cast<const char *>(static_cast<const void

dictated by consideration for some other C++ compiler. VC7.1 does issue
a warning

warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int',
possible loss of data

for that code. I would suggest to consider either change type of
variable count from int to size_t or disable C4267 for this piece of
code for MS compilers.