From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-18 22:51:55

Dave Jenkins wrote:
> "Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> Feel free...the Boost wiki is open to use. Honestly, I doubt you'll
>> actually
>> need to setup a schedule....you'll probably just be able to do it when
>> you
>> feel like it.
>>

> Thanks, Jeff. I'll volunteer to setup a page on the Boost wiki. Then it
> will be up to Boost authors to volunteer their time to answer questions and
> get comments on their libraries. Or for users to express an interest in
> talking to a Boost author.

Hi Dave -

I think the 'scope of your proposal' wasn't clear to me in your first email.
So, if I understand what you are saying you are thinking of having a little
'birds of a feather' session for each of attending boost authors to answer
questions about their libraries.

If that's right, it sounds like an awesome idea to me. Obviously we are going
to have a bunch of library authors running around at BoostCon, so it's a good
time to do this. Maybe we would have these at some regular time like during
lunch, breakfast, or after the main sessions are done for the day? Then you
could have the pick of the rooms...

If I've got it right (please confirm), let me run it by the program
committee...maybe we can help getting it organized a bit. We have a list of
all the attendees...so that would help jumpstart which authors are there. And
  maybe if we get some firm times we can get them on the official schedule...

> But how can authors avoid making their cell phone numbers public? That was
> the advantage of a conference room with a public telephone number. Any
> ideas?

Use your cell phone ;-) Seriously, though, I know we are going to find
someone that knows how to solve this problem...

Jeff