From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-25 22:40:40

John Pye wrote:

> What header file(s) must I include in order for that macro to behave
> correctly? Note that I am inside a namespace{...}when I write this
> macro. Should that be OK?

nope - all macros should be invoked from outside any namespaces.

> Finally, if my base class is abstract and also contains no data
> requiring serialisation (I guess it's a base class for a Composite
> design pattern) then is it OK that my serialize(...) routine is empty?

That's ok.

You can also eliminate the need for the serialize(...) in the abstract
base class by registering the base/derived pair explicitly. This is
also described in the manual. Its sort of an obscure point so it
doesn't pop out.

Robert Ramey