From: Richard Hadsell (hadsell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-02 15:12:49

Vladimir Prus wrote:

>By running
>
> bjam --help
>
>and reading the "Important Options:" part of the output,
>then using one of the option described there.
>
>Sorry for sending you to docs instead of giving direct
>answer, but the output of --help is likely to save
>some questions in future.

Thanks for pointing out the 'bjam --help'.

Since I wondered why I missed the -d+2 option, I went back to the docs.
It seems to be missing. Specifically, I looked at
"Chapter 25. Boost.Build V2 User Manual". The Overview/Invocation link
pointed to a section that described several options (--clean, ...
--debug) and then pointed to the "Command line arguments" section of the
Detailed reference. This describes the syntax, and is followed by a
"Command line options" section, which says this:

All of the Boost.Build options start with the "--" prefix. They are described in the following table.
FIXME: That table has moved into "User documentation" section and there's nothing we can add here. Remove this part?

So, it seems that 'bjam --help' is the only documentation of some
options, and I'm glad you pointed it out.

--
Dick Hadsell			914-259-6320  Fax: 914-259-6499
Reply-to:			hadsell_at_[hidden]