From: Sebastian Pfützner (s.pfuetzner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-14 05:52:18

Rene Rivera wrote:
> Cory Nelson wrote:
>> This was pretty straightforward for 1.33, but 1.34 using BB2 seems to
>> have changed things a bit. There doesn't seem to be any documentation
>> on compiling 1.34 for x64 with VC++ - can anyone offer some insight?
>
> Yea, as with previous Boost.Build versions those options are not
> documented :-) Just add an "address-model=64" argument when building.

I get the following error while linking a program with boost_regex:
"libboost_regex-vc80-mt-gd-1_34.lib (w32_regex_traits.obj) : fatal error
LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target machine type 'x64'"

Are you sure about the parameter "address-model=64"? It seems that bjam
ignores wrong arguments (which is bad), so one cannot confirm correct
spelling. Maybe it is "address-model=x64", who knows...
Isn't there a list of all valid parameters to bjam?

--
Sebastian Pfützner
s.pfuetzner_at_[hidden]