From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-22 07:40:56

Yunior Peralta González writes:
> I tried to build boost in Windows using bjam and I made it without any
> error (I just compiled the thread library). the problem came when I
> included asio.hpp I think that's because not all thread libraries were
> installed (just 6 files were installed)
>
> when I did the same in Debian I got just 4 files and also had errors
> with asio, but when I installed this way:
> ./configure --with-libraries=thread
> sudo make install
> instead of bjam, I got 10 files and asio worked perfectly.
>
> I'm not sure but if I need the 10 files as I guess I think that I'm
> not be able of using asio on Windows, but this is a contradiction
> because asio like boost is a multi-platform set of libraries. I'm very
> confused and I'll be very grateful if you try to help me.

I suggest consulting the build instructions here:

  http://www.boost.org/more/getting_started/index.html

and see if you are running all of the necessary commands.

(BTW, if that doesn't work, please do mention what versions of boost and
asio you are trying to use, and also list the exact commands you try.)

Cheers,
Chris