From: Rob Agar (robagar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-27 04:28:44

hi all,

Apologies if this question has been asked a million times before, but
having searched the archives and documentation I'm none the wiser.

Basically the problem is this: the auto-linker is trying to link to the
wrong boost::filesystem lib and I can't figure out out to fix it.

The error from MS Visual Studio 2005 is "LINK : fatal error LNK1104:
cannot open file 'libboost_filesystem-vc80-mt-gd-1_34.lib'". Fair
enough because this file does not exist.

I want it to use the dll import lib
boost_filesystem-vc80-mt-gd-1_34.lib. This file does exist, and is in a
directory on the MSVC lib search path, along with the matching dll.

So the question is, how do I tell the auto-linker to link to the file I
want, or if this is not possible, how do I switch off auto-linking?

I would rather not recompile the boost libs if I can help it.

Thanks
Rob