From: Server Levent Yilmaz (leventyilmaz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-29 14:18:59

I am trying to build Boost.Filesystem (release 1.34) on a GNU/Linux x86_64
system with Portland Group compilers (there is no official support for this
compiler).

Everything else seems to work nice and dandy, except this single error with
compiling operations.cpp:

"operations.cpp", line 1247: error: a value of type "dirent64 *" cannot be
assigned to an entity of type "dirent *"
            if ( (p = ::readdir( dirp )) == 0 )
                    ^

If I comment out the following defines in operations.cpp:22 and
operations.cpp:25

#define _FILE_OFFSET_BITS 64
#define __USE_FILE_OFFSET64

the error goes away. But I doubt this is the correct way to fix this. Any
ideas?

thanks
 Levent

--