From: Ken Roser (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-29 18:10:25

I too have a similar problem as Christoph. In my case I'm always using
version 1.34, but I'm building on different machines that have different
versions of the gcc compiler. I want to write just one makefile that
will find the boost libraries without needing to specify the version of
the compiler being used. In other words, if gcc 4.0 is being used, the
makefile should locate a library with the toolset part of the name being
"gcc40". Similarly if gcc 4.1 is being used, it would specify "gcc41".
Do I actually need to modify my makefile to figure out what gcc version
I'm using and construct the library name dynamically?

I preferred the 1.33.1 and older method of just having the toolset being
"gcc" in the libraries file name.