From: jono (jp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-10 17:55:08

...for my earlier grumpy email about program_options.

i'm was wanting to pass some sequences to some options using
boost::program_options. something like:

[me_at_here ~]$program --opt1 1 2 3 4 --opt2 5 6 7 8 --opt3 xxx yyy zzz

if i use

   desc.add_options("opt1", value< vector<string> >()->multitoken(), "...")

i get all the tokens to the end of the line.

can i make multitoken() stop eating tokens by recognizing a syntactic
element; either an option specifier or a token it can't interpret as a
required type? can i inherit from the value_semantic class to read
multiple tokens maybe?

this whole library is very interesting but subtle. i do better when i
can read examples of working code. does anyone know a more extensive
discussion of it besides the distibution docs? ...which are great by the
way!

cheers jono